Daylight is fleeting

Well, the time changed this morning. We moved from Daylight Savings Time back to Standard Time. Some of you may have enjoyed the extra hour in bed. I do remember for those with young children, it can be very challenging because that means they wake up an hour earlier. It takes a while for everybody to adjust so it is common to feel sleep deprived for a bit.

One thing that is really hard about this time of year for me is the lack of sunlight. It's dark when I go to work in the morning, and it's dark when I come home at night. Not only that, but I work in a room with no windows in a hospital basement (right next to the morgue). I'm not even lying! 

You may have heard of SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder). It's a real thing. The lack of sunlight this time of year can cause people to have depressive symptoms such as feelings of sadness, sleeping too much, lack of energy, overeating, etc. I'm sure it affects me, which is why I am very excited about this light that I just bought.

It is the Erlighpowht Light Therapy Lamp that I found on Amazon. This thing is great! It is compact, so I can use it at home or in the office. It has 3 brightness settings and a built in timer. The brightest setting is extremely bright!



I can use it while I'm working on my laptop or sitting and doing crafts. I'm really tempted to buy another, so I can have one at home and one at the office. I think it's going to make a big difference in my mood this year.



** If you have severe symptoms of depression, please talk to your doctor! ** There is no shame in asking for help. It is important to take care of our mental health just like we do our physical health. 

This lamp is just one of the things that helps me. Maybe it can help others too, so I wanted to share my find.

Wishing you all the best!

Deb




Comments

Popular Posts