Look what I made!




I made this card recently using a technique I learned on Splitcoaststampers (SCS), which is my absolute favorite website. SCS is what caused my stamping hobby to become an obsession! This card is a criss cross card, and it was so much fun to make. I have seen some gorgeous samples in other peoples' galleries, so I was compelled to give it a try. Here are the basic directions: Cut one piece of 8 1/2" x 11" cardstock in half lengthwise. Score each piece in half at 5 1/2". You will need both pieces for this card. Adhere one side of the first piece directly on top of one side of the second piece. You will end up with a trifold card, with the glued together layer in the middle. Cut each side at an angle (see photo for a guide). The triangle pieces will fold over and criss cross in the center. Decorate the flaps with pattern paper before gluing down, if desired. To get the correct size pieces, cut two 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" rectangles in half diagonally. You will use one piece from each rectangle. Glue the flaps down with a strip of adhesive at the bottom, to create a pocket. Then you can create an insert to put inside. Go ahead, give it a try! Happy stamping!

Comments

Popular Posts