Tumultuous Threes


Every parent around knows about the "terrible twos", but what about the "tumultuous threes"? I read recently that age three is actually much worse than two, behaviour wise, and I'd have to say I'm inclined to agree. This is just based on my own experiences, of course. I guess that's why God made kids so darn cute, otherwise they might not make it through childhood. As you can see in the above picture, Jacob had fun building towers today from our large collection of videos. On the plus side, this kept him occupied for quite a while. The other kids got involved building extravagant structures that spanned our entire living room. After the novelty wore off for them, Jacob continued to build his towers. Every once in a while it would topple over with a loud clatter on the wooden floor, startling everyone in the house. Jacob thought this was great fun. Steve and I were taking some time to relax and enjoy some "Must see TV". Since our attention was diverted, Jacob took the opportunity to really get into his project. I guess he began to find the tipsy towers frustrating, so he found some Elmer's school glue and systematically glued the videos together, piece by piece, to create a much stronger tower. By the time I discovered this project, he had quite a mess going. I started laughing and pointed Jacob's project out to Steve. He was very proud of his son's ingenuity. You just have to laugh to stay sane. That's the only way we've made it this far with four kids!

Comments

Popular Posts