Digital Designs

My journey into papercrafting began about 10 years ago with scrapbooking. My first child was one year old, so I had all the inspiration I needed. I loved sitting down to work on my scrapbooks, and spending time with friends who shared the same interest. My two aunts always laughed at me because my very first scrapbook of my son as an infant had about 12 pages covering his first few days of life. That was before I realized I didn't have to include EVERY picture! Fast forward to the year 2000, and guess what? My twins were born! At that point my free time was severely limited, so I had to set scrapbooking aside for a while. I did pick it back up later, and I actually managed to complete 2 books for each of the twins. I found it to be a little more overwhelming, though. I was getting further behind, and it was hard to accomplish much in the little time I had. In 2003, my fourth (and last!) child came along. I made one book for him, since I couldn't possibly leave him out, and that was pretty much the last of my scrapbooking.

At that time my interest in rubber stamping began to grow. I had already been doing it for a few years, but now it seemed much more appealing than scrapbooking. I could actually sit down and create something in under 20 minutes! I guess it gave me more of a sense of accomplishment. Last year, I discovered Splitcoast Stampers and my hobby became an obsession!

Sometimes I kind of miss scrapbooking though. I love to look at photos and see how my children have grown. I want to preserve those memories, but the process still seems daunting. A few months ago, I heard about digital scrapbooking on SCS. I was interested, but didn't have the time to try to learn. But last week I was at Michael's with coupon in hand. Guess what jumped into my cart - Digital Designs for Scrapbooking by Renee Pearson. I got it for 40% off, and it even came with a free trial for Adobe Photoshop Elements 3.0. How could I resist? This book walks you through the process step by step, and it includes everything you need to get started. So here is my very first digital scrapbook page... it's very basic, but hey ~ I'm learning! I think it's going to be fun. I like the idea of having all I need right on the computer, and it's a lot cheaper too!


Comments

Popular Posts