Who doesn't love a sale on stamps?


I couldn't resist the 50% off rubber stamps sale at Hobby Lobby a few weeks ago. I picked up two cute House Mouse stamps, and this is the first card I have made with either of them. To color in the image, I used Prismacolor pencils and odorless mineral spirits. This technique is still fairly new to me, but I love the effect. First, you lay down the color with the Prismacolor pencils. To blend the color, you use blending stumps dipped in the odorless mineral spirits. I have heard that the blending stumps made in Taiwan are preferred by many crafters, rather than the ones from China. It has to do with the texture of the paper, and the ability to blend the colors. Practice makes perfect as they always say, so don't give up if you don't like the results right away. I find coloring in the images to be relaxing and fun. Maybe it brings out my inner child. Try it, you'll see!
Here are more card details:
Stamps: O Lucky Day from House Mouse line (Stampabilities) Riveting, Background Basics (Stampin' Up)
Paper: Certainly Celery, Orchid Opulence
Ink: Jet Black Staz-On, Versamark
Other: Prismacolor pencils and odorless mineral spirits, circle punches, ribbon

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thanks for writing this.

Popular Posts