Let the stamping resume!


Here is the first card I have created in my new stamping area. The picture isn't the best because lighting is still an issue. I bought a desktop halogen work lamp today, and that has helped greatly. My DH has promised to install some overhead track lighting soon.

I bought this retired stamp set, Garden Collage, off the Buy/Sell/Trade forum on Splitcoaststampers recently. It is a great place to find deals. I really need to cut back on my spending, but with the new Stampin' Up catalog coming, that will be difficult for me, if not impossible!

I used two Backgrounders stamps on this card. You can find them at Cornish Heritage Farms. The two I used are Canvas Backgrounder and Textured Harlequin Backgrounder by Sonlight Impressions. I purchased them unmounted for $7.99 each. They have a large selection, and you can't beat the price!

The main image was watercolored using Watercolor Wonder Crayons in Rich Regals. They are fun and easy to use, with beautiful results! I colored directly on the image with the crayons, and then used my Aquapainter to "paint" the image. I distressed the edges of the panel with scissors, and curled the corners in.

All supplies by Stampin' Up unless noted:

Stamps: Garden Collage, Friendly Phrases by Stampendous, Textured Harlequin Backgrounder and Canvas Backgrounder by SonLight Impressions.
Cardstock: So Saffron, Ballet Blue, Whisper White
Ink: Bravo Burgundy, So Saffron, Ballet Blue, Jet Black Staz-On
Accessories: Watercolor Wonder Crayons, Hodgepodge Hardware, Twill tape by Provo Craft

Comments

Popular Posts