School's out for summer!


My kids had their last day of school today. They are pretty excited! We have lots of summer activities planned, and we don't have much of a break. Swimming lessons start on Monday, and then gymnastics the following week. The alternative is extremely bored children who fight constantly, so if I can avoid that, I don't mind all the driving around. With all the kids home, I really hope I can squeeze some stamping time in somewhere. Otherwise I might go into withdrawal!

I made this card last week when I stamped with my sister. I think this stamp set, Hedgehog Happiness, is the first one she bought when I finally got her addicted to stamping. LOL These hedgies are so cute, so I wanted to use the set while I had access to it. Certainly Celery seems to be the color I use the most lately. So I was thrilled that it was in the Palette O' Prints paper pack. As you can see, it is showcased on this card. I colored the hedgie image with Prismacolor pencils and odorless mineral spirits. The ribbon I used only has the polka-dots on one side, and of course I wanted them to show. I adhered a strip of the ribbon to the card, then I made the bows separately. I had to twist the ends into place so the polka-dots were not hidden. Then I used glue dots to attach the bows to the strip of ribbon. The card still needed a little something, so I added the photo corners. To make them, I cut two small squares of celery cardstock, then punched the center out with a small 1/4" square punch. Then I cut each square in half diagonally. That gave me 4 photo corners, which I glued onto the card. I think it definitely added a little character to the card, don't you?

Have a great weekend!

Comments

Lynn Mercurio said…
Adorable card. I especially like how you pierced the photo corners...it really gives them lots of interest!
Tammy said…
Actually, Bug Builders was the first set I bought when YOU got me addicted to stamping. Don't you remember how I just fell in love with that set??? Sadly, I don't think I've used it in 3 or 4 years... I think Hedgehog Happiness was second set I bought.

Popular Posts