Friday, June 8, 2007

School's out for summer!


My kids had their last day of school today. They are pretty excited! We have lots of summer activities planned, and we don't have much of a break. Swimming lessons start on Monday, and then gymnastics the following week. The alternative is extremely bored children who fight constantly, so if I can avoid that, I don't mind all the driving around. With all the kids home, I really hope I can squeeze some stamping time in somewhere. Otherwise I might go into withdrawal!

I made this card last week when I stamped with my sister. I think this stamp set, Hedgehog Happiness, is the first one she bought when I finally got her addicted to stamping. LOL These hedgies are so cute, so I wanted to use the set while I had access to it. Certainly Celery seems to be the color I use the most lately. So I was thrilled that it was in the Palette O' Prints paper pack. As you can see, it is showcased on this card. I colored the hedgie image with Prismacolor pencils and odorless mineral spirits. The ribbon I used only has the polka-dots on one side, and of course I wanted them to show. I adhered a strip of the ribbon to the card, then I made the bows separately. I had to twist the ends into place so the polka-dots were not hidden. Then I used glue dots to attach the bows to the strip of ribbon. The card still needed a little something, so I added the photo corners. To make them, I cut two small squares of celery cardstock, then punched the center out with a small 1/4" square punch. Then I cut each square in half diagonally. That gave me 4 photo corners, which I glued onto the card. I think it definitely added a little character to the card, don't you?

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Stamperosity said...

Adorable card. I especially like how you pierced the photo corners...it really gives them lots of interest!

Tammy said...

Actually, Bug Builders was the first set I bought when YOU got me addicted to stamping. Don't you remember how I just fell in love with that set??? Sadly, I don't think I've used it in 3 or 4 years... I think Hedgehog Happiness was second set I bought.